It’s worth wondering if it’s the style or material which makes wood carriage garage doors a unique option! It’s like the chicken and egg situation! Perhaps it’s the combination of the two. Think about it! Wood was the very first material to be used for the construction of garage doors. And in spite of its downsides, it has dominated the market for decades and is still a very popular material. At the same time, the carriage style has always been kind of trendy. Imagine that people with overhead garage doors will paint them and add decorative hardware just to give the illusion of a carriage style.
Why carriage wood garage doors have made a strong comeback
Another important thing worth discovering is why carriage wood garage doors have made a dynamic comeback! With so many available designs, styles, and materials on the market, one can’t help wondering what the use of wooden swing doors is! There are some good explanations for that.
- A wood garage door is a good choice for transitional homes. This is the latest trend in interior design. The transitional style combines traditional and contemporary elements to add character and sophistication to the home. And a classic wood & carriage garage door will do the trick when it comes to the exterior home improvement.
- Over the years, people started buying aluminum and steel garage doors because they were cheaper and could be insulated. But during this period, the technology never stopped developing. Today, you don’t necessarily have to get a natural wood door. You can also get composite materials, which might not look as great as natural timber, but they spare you from constant garage door maintenance.
On top of that, paints, coatings, sealing products and manufacturing process all have gotten a lot better. In other words, you can paint the wood door any color you like, stain and seal it, and thus make it a tad more resistant.
- There is no doubt that the carriage style doesn’t begin to compare with the convenience of sectional doors. But then again, carriage doors can be automatic too. You just need to check that you have the space needed in the front garden.
- Also, wood carriage doors can be matched with great decorative elements such as garage door windows and hardware.
- Since carriage doors are swing doors, they can also be used as an interior element, like in the home office or kitchen.
Overhead door styles sell more than any other type. That’s a fact. But the growth in wood carriage style garage door popularity is noticeable. And don’t forget the style factor. Perhaps people are tired of the same designs and are looking for unique styles. And when we seek such alternatives, we have a tendency of looking back. And what will be best than a garage door that combines the vintage elegance with the modern elements & construction.