When you invest in new garage doors, you have certain expectations which again vary based on application. So a household might want a door to increase the home appeal and value while a company would want to promote its business. One thing everyone wants is enhanced security and safe operation. At first glance, we would think that it’s hard to find doors that would meet so many expectations. But glass garage doors come to prove us wrong.
The main advantages of glass garage doors
- You can order glass doors in any size and get overhead sliding or sectional doors but also up-and-over doors.
- You can choose the glass panel and whether you want it clear, obscured, milk, or laminated.
- The panel is made of safety glass. This means the glass is safe. Even if it breaks, the broken pieces won’t have rough edges.
- Who said that a glass garage door cannot be insulated? In fact, apart from the standard insulated glass, you can now find high altitude insulated glass doors – that’s if you are located at altitudes over five thousand feet.
- Glass is supported by a highly resistant and durable aluminum frame, which can be sealed or painted.
- You get lots of natural light and this helps you keep the property washed with light all day long and save energy.
Glass garage door options have widen the horizon of usages
Once upon a time, glass doors were used in fire stations or firehouses. Today, they have dominated the market since they can be used anywhere. It’s not a wonder that glass garage doors for restaurants and cafes have become a trend. They enable such businesses to extend their premises and blend the indoors with the outdoors.
The usage of all glass doors in homes is even more thrilling, especially to those who like the modern style or industrial looks. And this is definitely the best solution to those who want an easy traffic flow between the living room and patio. At the press of the garage door clicker, space is expanded. You can move the kitchen chairs to the patio, enjoy the warm seasons and throw big parties without getting concerned about room limitations. Since garage doors are large, they create large openings.
You can consider glass garage door installation in the kitchen, family room, dining room, bedroom or living room. It’s definitely a great alternative for the home office. Instead of having the light blocked with a typical French door, you add glass residential garage doors that will shed the room with light and make it literally bigger.
Glass overhead garage doors have become very popular in residential applications because they act as glass walls, which enable a full view to the outdoor space. Since they are very attractive and available in great designs with many opacity choices and strong metal elements, they are an excellent interior design addition too. With a handful of options, you won’t know where to install them first.