There is a perfectly good reason why homeowners invest considerably in great quality garage doors and is associated with their security. The fact is that these huge panels are the number one favor entry point of perpetrators and despite their incredible strengths and resistance, they can easily become fragile and, thus, easy to open.
When it comes to security issues, there is a high need for emergency garage door service. When the mighty strong garage door cannot keep you safe anymore, Homeland Garage Doors considers it an urgent situation. It is easy to see the durable system turning from a giant to a little scared mouse in just a short period of time. It all comes down to the frequency of maintenance services and how often the mechanism is checked, lubricated and repaired. Though, you need to watch out for the signs and fix serious problems fast in order to prevent accidents and security gaps.
Looking out for garage door faults
Garage door repair ensures good operation because the general philosophy is that well-maintained components will be fit to meet their obligations. The failure to change the rusty or damaged hinges, for example, may misalign the panel, loosen up the cables and make the system dysfunctional and probably dangerous. So, the general rule is inspecting, troubleshooting and repairing the garage door parts often or at least as soon as problems pop up. Of course, some components are threatening by their nature. Take the springs, for instance. If they snap and you are standing close by, chances are you may get seriously hurt.
At bottom line, you need to make sure that components are replaced before they reach the very last days of their life span. On the other hand, emergencies may be the result of a car accident and that’s why it is important to keep the number of our company in hand. In any case, it’s good to learn how to recognize problems, which can give birth to more serious problems.
- When you notice that the pace of the door movement is changing. It might be a problem with the garage door opener.
- When the door does not open and close evenly on both sides. It will surely be a problem with the extension springs.
- When the safety sensors fail to reverse the movement of the panel and your cat was nearly trapped.
- When the bottom seal is worn and there is a gap under the door.
- When the remote control is out of order, completely damaged or lost.
- When the garage door windows have broken and need to be replaced immediately.
- When the tracks are dented and the door won’t close all the way.