It’s true what they say. Glass garage doors turn heads. And although this speaks volumes for your home’s curb appeal, sometimes it’s the last thing you want – for privacy and security purposes alone.
So, the million-dollar question is whether or not a full view glass garage door will be a good match for your home! And since it’s often hard to tell – let alone decide whether to invest in clear glass, get another option, or abandon the whole idea and check out some other more traditional residential garage door materials, let us help you with all that. Let’s discuss full view glass garage doors, shall we?
Glass garage doors, overall, are stunning
Even those who prefer steel or wood garage doors cannot deny the finesse of glass. This is established. There’s no doubt about the beauty of glass garage doors, as an overall. And before you jump into conclusions, let us just say that they, indeed, have their pros and cons as any other garage door. With that said, let us also add one more thing. Don’t forget that the glass panel options are not limited to clear. The glass choices range from milk, frosted, and laminated to gray, white, obscure.
What we are interested, though, now is finding out the advantages and disadvantages of clear glass – hence, full view glass garage doors so that we can help you decide about your home.
The good things about full view glass garage doors?
- Glass garage doors are real head-turners. No doubt about that. Irrespective of the aluminum frame color, the size, and the style, they are sophisticated, sleek, gorgeous. Due to their minimalistic appearance, they lack pompous hardware and so they are particularly stylish, ideal for contemporary homes.
- With clear glass, garage doors allow the sunlight in. They brighten up the indoor space, making it particularly pleasant. This brings us to the next advantage of clear glass panels.
- You gain higher energy efficiency – and keep more money in your pocket. With the sunlight penetrating through the glass in the garage, you will hardly use artificial light. Or, any heating source. And so, we can say that glass doors are environmentally-friendly.
- One more perk derived from the brightness in the garage? It’d be great if you use or plan to use the garage as your office or a gym. Garages – the whole space or just part of it, are often transformed into living spaces, when needed – even more now that the number of people who work from home has increased. What would be lovelier than working in a bright, pleasant environment? No wonder many professionals prefer glass garage doors over other materials for their restaurants and cafés.
- Clear glass garage doors are also known as full view garage doors for this exact reason: they allow you to have a clear view. To look outside without obstructions. To admire nature and all its glory.
Are clear glass garage doors for you?
The question you need to answer is whether or not you have a splendid view right in front of the garage. Since we are talking about a private residence – yours, and not a café, you need to think of one of the most important considerations – that of privacy. People, who own cafes, want the passersby to turn their heads. As a homeowner, you may like it when people admire your residence but, surely, don’t like to jeopardize your family’s privacy.
To keep it short, full view glass garage doors are amazing – no doubt. But they are worthy only when there’s a great view ahead. When there are no real security concerns and privacy matters to consider – perhaps, because there’s the ocean lying in front of the house. They are a great solution if you like to make the garage your home office and there are no real dangers in your neighborhood.
To wrap things up, garage doors with clear glass are, certainly, great and come with lots of advantages. The only main considerations you need to take into account is your privacy and security. If you can clear these ones out, you are ready to talk about a full view glass garage door installation.